Monday, March 29, 2010

Happy Easter!

Well, the Easter Pageant is amazing! And I've been able to see a lot of people from my old little branch. This email is going to be super short because I don't have much to say, and I don't want to be here for that long because we still have a lot to do today (my new companion likes to shop a lot). Anyways, we are really busy almost every night. At first I thought we wouldn't be because the first few nights weren't very crowded. People would come early but stay outside to save their seats and go home right after. However, the cast missionaries (they are called and set apart from surrounding wards) are doing a great job of getting people to come into the VC. We also have one theater set apart for pictures with cast members, like the Roman soldiers. We have cameras, so there is no excuse like "we didn't bring our camera." Also, we have set it up so that they have to fill out a referral card before they can get their picture taken, so we know who the picture belongs to. If they aren't members of the church they have the option of having missionaries bring them their picture and share a message with them. I've heard that in photos alone, the number of people who accepted missionaries is double that of all Easter Pageant last year. And we are only in the first week! It is really weird being back at the VC and I must say that there are still days that I miss full-field. The VC is much more exhausting than full-field. I don't know why, but it is. Well, that is all I have energy for right now. I think this will be my shortest email, and the shortest I have ever spent in the library.

I love you all, and hope you enjoy conference, I am super excited for it! And it is really special that it falls on Easter this year and I am excited for the testimonies of the prophet and apostles. As the finale in the Easter Pageant says "He lives, my Savior lives, He lives." Maybe I'll write more of the songs next week when I'm not so exhausted...

Desde Mesa con amor,
Hermana Ladd

No comments:

Post a Comment