Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sorry about the short email last week, I was exhausted. But that seems to be happening more and more. All the older sisters always said that once you hit halfway that your body just starts going downhill. Well, now I'm considered one of the older sisters... We are still tired, recovering from Easter Pageant, so this one will be based on answering my mom's questions.

The Pageant was wonderful. It is based on the life of Christ, set around the story of a centurion who was there at the cross when he died and he asks some of Christ's disciples about who he was, and then they tell the story of his life to the centurion. It is a musical, so there are songs and a few dances. The coolest was the dance of the ten virgins, telling about the parable. Most of the text is taken directly from the scriptures, mostly from the new testament, but there are some from Isaiah and the Book of Mormon. It was really cool to see.

Post-pageant I still don't know if I'm staying in the VC or back to full-field. We will see... hopefully soon... Since we have been in the VC for the past 2 weeks, not much has happened in the area. We had a great lesson with Laura at the home of her family. Her baptism is Saturday, and she is so ready for it. We have seen a lot of miracles in finding new people and have a lot of potential investigators. I know that this area is getting ready to explode and am really excited about it. Other that that there isn't much to say. I hope that short letters don't become a trend... Conference was really great of course. I love the emphasis on families. I have really seen that in teaching the people here, those with family support are much more prepared for the gospel.

Just a few more random notes: 2 weeks ago (this is especially for Grandma and Grandpa Colton) we went to the cemetery 2 blocks from my apartment. It is the Mesa City Cemetery and is located in the Lehi part of Mesa. And guess who's grave I found - Dan Jones. We had gone the week before and looked around in the oldest part of the cemetery but it is a huge place so couldn't find it. This time we went to the office and asked them where it was. There are a few Dan Jones there so I just made a guess and asked for the oldest grave. Sure enough, when we found it it said "Founder of Lehi" so I am pretty sure it is the right one. I took pictures and they are on the memory card I just sent home.

Next random note. If you are going to come to Arizona only at one time of year, make it March. The temple is the most beautiful I think I've ever seen it, with the gardens in full bloom. On top of that, all of the citrus trees are blooming, and they smell AMAZING! The air smells so good every where. I think I also saw the prettiest sunsets of the year last month and during February. I think it is the sunsets and the citrus that I am going to miss most about AZ.
Well, that is it. Hope everyone had a Happy Easter!

Desde Mesa, con amor,
Hermana Ladd

No comments:

Post a Comment