Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Well, another week come and gone and another transfer half-way over. Laura's baptism was last weekend and it went great. Planning baptisms is one of the most stressful things for me, and her baptism was especially stressful. After we had it planned she decided she wanted it in a different building and at a different time. Background: our ward geographically covers 3 stakes, but is under the leadership of Mesa North stake so our baptisms are there. However, our area is the one that covers Mesa Central and that is where Laura's family attends church and she knows a lot of members there so she wanted have it there. I wont' go into detail of all we had to work out but we were running around up until right before the baptism. However, it was just a trial of our faith and dedication and the Lord smoothed everything out and made up for where we lacked, so that it ended up being a great service. She is so happy, all of her family are, and I know one day her husband too will join. We had zone conference last week, and our mission is really focusing on unity. Last week we reported at the end of every day how many people we talked to. We call them TTIs (Teach testify invite) and were promised by an apostle (I don't know which one because it was before I got here) that if we talk to 20 people in the day that our teaching pools will never be empty. We have seen a lot of miracles come from that, and are beginning to find a lot of people who are ready for the gospel.

Last night we went over to a recent converts to have FHE. He lives with one of our investigators and they invited another recent convert and good friend over as well. It was a really spiritual lesson on the priesthood and I learned a lot from them. It was neat to see them take over, because we pretty much were just onlookers and to help out when there was doctrinal questions they couldn't answer. I have learned so much about receiving spiritual inspiration on my mission but I know that I still have a lot to learn. That is one of the things I am most excited to apply in the future.
Other than that, there isn't much more to talk about this week. I promise I'll get back to writing good emails, hopefully next transfer.

Desde Mesa, con amor,
Hermana Ladd

No comments:

Post a Comment